EAST MOUNTAIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
February 15, 2017
Meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm. Pledge of Allegiance was led by Dory St. John followed by a Moment of Silence for our departed neighbors.
Officer Matt Lemos reported that the criminal numbers are up (10).
· There were 4 complaints but no arrests.
· Three unlocked cars were broken into and a set of rims were stolen.
· The Corporation Council has been contacted regarding the Sunrise Farm LLC property. Noise is ongoing in regard to ATV’s using the property.
· Snowbound cars are given green stickers to see if they are abandoned.
· Check credit and debit card statements for suspicious activity. Usually they start with a small breach and if left unchecked will escalate to a large breach.
Republican Representative from the Registrar of Voters, Tim DeCarlo spoke on voter fraud.
· There is very little voter fraud in Waterbury. The outcomes of the elections are not changing.
· Most of the voter fraud comes in the form of absentee ballots
· The Registrar’s Office in Waterbury is bipartisan and both parties work very well together.
· 500 deceased individuals have been taken off the voter registration list.
· Connecticut is part of the ERIC Program where data is compiled together with other states to prevent voter fraud in which individuals are voting at two different addresses.
· The Registrar of Voters is also hooked up with Social Security Administration and the Department of Motor Vehicles to prevent voter fraud.
· There were 953 new voter registrations on the day of the election.
· Once a year equipment is checked (tabulators, etc.). If anything breaks down on the day of the election, there are paper back ups.
City Liaison Officer Mike Ptak:
· Earth Day clean-up will be on May 6th. Rain date is May 13th. Notices will be in the Waterbury Republican.
· Be aware of telephone scams where the caller will say “can you hear me?” If you say “yes” they have a recording of your voice to use in criminal activity.
Treasurer’s Report by Colin Coburn:
· Opening Balance: $6,187.80 Total Committed Funds: $3,679.52
· Income: 60.00 Available Funds: $2,456.67
· Expenses: 111.61
· Closing Balance: $6,136.19
Motion to accept Treasure’s report by Bob Perigard, 2nd by Mike Ptak. Motion carries
Membership Dues still being accepted.
Larry Davino reported that there are five new EMNA neighbors. Each received a $5.00 gift card.
Sympathy cards were sent out to two EMNA families.
A case of dog waste bags are needed to stock the park at the cost of $200.
Motion to accept by Larry Davino, 2nd by Bob Perigard. Motion carries.
Mike Ptak suggested that $10.00 Dunkin Donuts gift cards be given the plow drivers for a job well done.
Motion to accept by Mike Ptak, 2nd by Betty Seal. Motion carries.
Any ideas for the June Meeting such as a pot luck dinner, etc. should be emailed to Colin Coburn:
Motion to adjourn by Mike Ptak, 2nd by Bob Perigard. Motion carries.